The Ministry is about 22 years and was created on 1/1/1990. We currently have a staff strength of about 120. The Office of the Auditor General handles prompt auditing and reporting on the finances of Local Governments e.g Local Government universal basic education authority; ensure that there is value for money on all the projects embarked upon by the Local Government; certify and approve the pension/gratuities allowances payable to the retirees [teachers and local government staff] and conducts personnel audit of teachers and Local Government staff to prevent the incidence of ghost workers.
To facilitate and ensure accountability in matters of Local Government and its funds.
To express opinion whether the annual financial statement prepared by the Local Government and its offices show true and fair view of financial position of Local Governments and its offices and submit the audited report to the State House of Assembly and to the Government of Oyo State.
- To audit the account of all the 33 Local Governments.
- To audit the account of all the 33 Local Governments’ traditional councils in the State.
- To audit the accounts of all the Local Governments universal basic education authorities in the State.
- To audit Joint Account Allocation Committee [JAAC] account in the State and all beneficiary offices of Local Government fund [SUBEB,LGSC,LGSPB].
- To certify pension papers of retired primary school teachers and Local Government staff.