The Office of the State Surveyor-General was created about 5 years ago on the 16th May, 2007. It is an Extra-Ministerial Agency whose duties include to produce up-to-date and purposeful geographic information for the state, local government. Areas, towns and villages in order to facilitate smooth administration, sound economic planning and use development, tourism, research, delimitation and maintenance of state and local government boundaries, population and housing census.
To produce up-to-date Geo-spatial information to explore the potential of land and re-sources there in the state by the year 2014,in order to bring joy,value,economic empowerment to the people of the state.
Oyo state has about 28,000 km2 landmass, much of which are still underutilized for wealth creation. In this connection, this office intends to provide a purposeful Geo-information to empower our executive decision makers to take right decision on the following: Easy access to available land in the state for political,social,economic and physical development. Sustainable and security of our international, inter-state and intra local government boundaries. Identification of various pattern and land classification with particular reference to possess right.
- To establish and maintain a robust geographic information laboratory in order to support the state physical, social and economic development.
- To equip and modernize the office to keep pace with the ever advancing technology in the quest to generate optimal revenue from all Geo-spatial information services.
- To produce up-to-date and purposeful geographic information for state, local government areas, towns and villages in order to facilitate smooth administration, sound economic planning and land use development.Tourism.
- Research, Delimitation and Maintenance of state and local government boundaries, population and housing census.
- To develop staff of the office through training and retraining in order to provide the state with competent manpower who can meet the ever changing needs of the sector.