Revitalizing Oyo State Culture and Tourism towards transforming and repositioning the State, to generate employment, reduce poverty in the Society and contribute significantly to the socio-economic development of the State.
The mission of the Ministry is to put in place through policy formulation, befitting structures, facilities to articulate Cultural/Tourism activities in order to achieve the set objectives of the Ministry.
- To place Oyo State at a competitive edge with other States in Nigeria in the sphere of Culture and Tourism.
- To harness and Re-engineer the Ministry operation and its arms (Council for Arts & Culture and Tourism Board) towards strategic Business Process Re-engineering (BPR).
- To rejuvenate the Historical Monuments and Cultural Landmarks of Oyo State in order to attract tourists and gain strong Socio-Political and Economic standing.
- To discover and develop new Tourism sites to attract International and Local Tourists.
- To increase the Internally Generated Revenue (IGR) potentials of Culture and Tourism.
- To reaffirm the Pacesetter status of Oyo State among other South-Western States and harness Yoruba race at home and abroad.
- To standardize, register and regulate all Tourism and Hospitality establishments in the State.
- To harness the capability of stakeholders through enlightenment opportunities, policy formulation and sponsorship of Culture and Tourism activities in the State.
- To propagate, protect and promote the positive Cultural attitudes amongst the people of Oyo State.
- To provide adequate training and other capacity development opportunities for the personnel of the Ministry and its arms toward human capital efficiency.
EMAIL ADDRESS: firstname.lastname@example.org
PHONE CONTACTS: 08056141168