Oyo State Government under able leadership of His Excellency, Senator Abiola Ajimobi, in June 2011 in its bid to ensure efficient and effective Public Administration for accelerated Socio-Political and Economic Development of the State, carved out the Ministry of Economic Planning and Budgeting from the edict signed then Ministry of Finance, Budget and Planning, the Ministry has the mandate to draw up Economic Priorities and Programmes of Government and map out implementation strategies from time to time.
To provide world class policy framework and implementation that responds to the socio-economic challenges of the State
To constructively drive the economic policy direction of the State essentially for growth, development and the well being of the citizenry.
- To control the expenditure of all Ministries and Departments and to ensure prudence in all public Expenditure;
- To prepare annual E stimates of Government which embody projects and programmes and the broad objectives of the Government during the year;
- To conduct research into financial and general economic issues and prepare as well as examine financial reports, memoranda, position papers e.tc;
- To prepare Development Plans designed to accelerate the development of the economy and guarantee a higher standard of living and happiness for the people;
- To carry out periodic reviews of the projects and programmes in the plan in order to ensure conformity with laid down objectives;
- To carry-out inspection visits of on-going projects in the Development Plan with a view to identifying bottlenecks in plan implementation and advising Government on how the bottlenecks could be minimized;
- To coordinate all Technical Assistance Programmes and Liaise with the appropriate Federal Government Agencies;
- To collect, compile and publish data which are necessary for planning and development of the State;
- To understand the current revenue and expenditure profiles of the State;
- To put up strategies for improved Internally Generated Revenue (IGR).
- To design ways of sourcing non-debt external funding, Public-Private Partnership;
- To develop Fiscal Management Road-map;
- To build/train and meet Officers and Stakeholders for effective Fiscal Policy Formulation and Implementation;
- To link activities and their resources to objectives;
Contact Address: Ministry of Finance Building, Oyo State Secretariat Complex, Agodi, Ibadan.