Ministry Of Finance
To transform Oyo into a self-sufficient State that promotes socio-economic welfare of the citizenry.
To effectively and efficiently have a total control of MDAs’ expenditure and ensure that it is in conformity with the laid down guidelines and rules.
- Formulate control policies and procedures – applicable to all points from which Government assets originate or are expended.
- Train relevant personnel in Ministries, Departments, Agencies, Revenue and Expenditure points (in every part of the State) etc on culture of budgeting and modern budgeting techniques.
- Provide incentives to suitable partners to promote economic development of the State.
Set up State Investment Promotion Agency – as a one-stop shop to show case Investment opportunities of the State.
- Resource Optimization
– Obtain best result out of state resources;
– Ensure effective control over use of state resources.
- Revenue Maximization
– Increase IGR capacity of the State.
Elements of Fiscal Strategy
- Financial and manpower planning
- Government controls
- Structural reforms
- Debt management
- Business development