The Ministry formulates and implements policies and strategies to facilitate investment, trade in services, business development, cooperatives and small business and consumer protection in Oyo State.
To be the engine for the promotion of economic and industrial growth of the Oyo State, so that by the year 2015, the State would have become one of the most conducive places for trade, investment and cooperative activities in Nigeria. To streamline the regulatory hurdles for business and investment activity, in order to attract increased investments in all sectors of our economy.
To promote economic activities through a structured approach for wealth creation, full employment of the people, prosperity in business and effective business management in a friendly business environment, improved standard of living of the people, effective utilization of agriculture products and improve revenue profile of the State.
- To be the fulcrum of economic and industrial growth that would stimulate employment opportunities in Oyo State.
- To stimulate growth of existing Micro Small and Medium Enterprises (MSMEs) and emergency of new ones in the State.
- To create a conducive atmosphere for Trade, Investment and Cooperative activities in the State.
- To put in place a robust and comprehensive investment and entrepreneurial data base of traders.
- To promote establishment of Agro-Allied cottage Industries focusing on utilization of local agricultural products, working with the relevant sectoral organizations.
- To establish a solid and productive partnership with the organized private sector.
- To capture the activities of the informal sector.
- To put in place a virtual management with regard to the State Investments in Public Quoted Companies.
- To ensure the productivity of the State Investments Managers.
- To embrace the idea of Private and Corporate Bodies participation in Investment, Trade and cooperative promotions.
- To foster strong relationship with relevant State and Federal Agencies and Establishments as well as Local and International Donor Agencies.
- To put in place Legal and Institutional framework that would facilitate the realization of set strategic objectives.
- Reviewing all existing Agreements/Concessions/MOU pertaining to Trade Investment and Cooperative Ministry.