The Ministry of Youth and Sport was created from the erstwhile Ministry of Information, Youth, Sports and Culture with an enabling law No. 11 encated by the State House of Assembly on the 12th of September 2003.
To build a dynamic multi-skilled youth adding value to self and society.
To create an enabling environment that promotes sports development and empower youth with appropriate adequate skill, knowledge and attitudes to realize full potential for individual and society development.
- Development of Grassroots Sporting Activities
- To inform the public on the activities/achievement of Government in terms of Sports and Youth Development
- Decrease in unemployment rate amongst the youth
- Reduce Government finance commitment through Private Partnership Participation
- Increase in Internal Generated Revenue (IGR) for the State Government
- Re-orientation of the Youth
- Improve Infrastructural facilities
- Improve health of the citizenry through regular exercise
- Conductive working environment for effective service delivery